Our Valued Partner
The SUPERGEN SuperSolar Hub started in May 2012 and has successfully formed an inclusive solar community that promotes and supports research carried out by universities and industry. Led by Loughborough University's Centre for Renewable Energy Systems Technology (CREST) the Hub comprises the Universities of Bath, Cambridge, Imperial College, Liverpool, Oxford, Sheffield and Southampton. SuperSolar is funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council's (EPSRC) RCUK energy programme. In the summer of 2018, SuperSolar received further funding from EPSRC and became a Network+. At this time, Swansea University and the University of Warwick became core members along with the Solar Fuels Network.
The activities of the Hub include:
• Establishment of a UK network for PV R&D to include universities, industry and finance
• Training for new university and industrial PV researchers
• An accredited UK national cell efficiency measurement facility
• Organisation of events of interest to all sectors of the PV community
• Funding for international and industrial research secondments, conference attendance and research projects
• Business and industry engagement
• Associate membership for active researchers in receipt of funding for PV research
• Network membership for research students and non-academics with an interest in solar.